RACS KEYNOTE SPEAKER
Prof S Rajasekaran is the Chairman of the Department of Orthopaedics, Trauma & Spine Surgery, Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore.
Leadership in Profession
- Chair, AOSpine International Board (2018-2020)
- President Elect, Asia Pacific Spine Societ
- Chair-AOSpine International Research Commission (2015-17)
- President of SICOT (2016 – 2018)
- President- CSRS-AP (2017-2018)
- President of the Indian Orthopaedic Association (2011-2012)
- President of the Association of Spine Surgeons of India for four years (2008 – 2012)
- President of International Society for the Study of Lumbar Spine, Canada (2011-2012),
- President of the World Orthopaedic Concern, UK (2005-2007).
- Chief National Delegate of Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association.
Other Academic Distinctions
Hunterian Professor for the year 2011-12 by the Royal College of Surgeons of England
‘Distinguished Visitor’ to Harvard Medical International, Boston, USA a
Grand Rounds Lecturer of Dartmouth University, USA and Mayo Hospital, USA
Adjunct Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Tamilnadu Dr MGR Medical University.
Member of Faculty of Medicine, Annamalai University
Member of the Planning Board, Bharathiar University.
Deputy Editor of The Bone & Joint Journal
Deputy Editor of the Journal of SPINE, USA.
Deputy Editor of Global Spine Journal, USA,
Editorial board of European Spine Journal.
Significant Research Awards
NASS (North American Spine Society) Outstanding Paper Award for 2019
Asia Pacific Spine Society Best Clinical Research Award for 2019
Asia Pacific Spine Journal Award for Best Clinical Paper for 2019
Asia Pacific Spine Society Basic Science Research Award for 2019
Asia Pacific Spine Journal Award for Best Basic Science Paper for 2019
ISSLS Prize for Spine Research for the year 2017
ISSLS Prize for Spine Research for the year 2013
ISSLS Prize for Spine Research for the year 2010
ISSLS Prize for Spine Research for the year 2004
‘EuroSpine Open Paper Award’ for 2008 for his research demonstrating that Disc Nutrition in spine can be modified by Calcium channel Blockers.
Macnab LaRocca Research Award of ISSLS in 2005
Sofamer Danek Award for the best Scientific presentation internationally by the International Society for the Study of Lumbar Spine thrice for the years 1996, 2002 & 2006.
Dr Rajasekaran has 220 publications in international journals, 46 national publications and 428 international and 495 national presentations. He has also contributed 57 chapters in international books and is the Chief Editor of a Video Atlas of Spine Surgery and the ASSI Textbook on Spinal Infections & Trauma.